Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Ding dong, the witch is dead" ??????







The New York Post has pronounced the New York Yankees dead. Hank "the boss" was recently quoted as saying "wait 'til next year".









The question is : Are the Yanks so far behind that they cannot recover?







My gut tells me the Yanks still have a run in them. Sitting six games behind the wild card leading Red Sox, the Yankees return home from a road trip that included stops at division leading Anaheim and Minnesota. The NY Post is looking to sell newspapers. Why Hank would say such things, no one knows. With forty some odd games remaining, this upcoming home stand is crucial.


I know the injuries are piling up. Posada and Matsui are done. But, Jeter will be fine. The line up will produce. Mussina and Pettitte will have to carry the starters. Rivera is automatic (Yes, I know he blew a save in Minnesota). The big question is will Joba return. If he does, I think it shows the team is not quitting. 50,000 people a night at the stadium can't be thrilled paying big bucks for a seat with the team packing it in.

I hope the Yanks pack it in because it will benefit the Red Sox but I doubt it happens.

I'm wondering what Yankee fans are thinking about this. In all my life I have never heard a Fan of the Pinstripers say, "We are all done".

No comments: