Friday, July 4, 2008

Who makes out better?

Waking up this morning we find the Sox (with my boy Jon Lester) breathing a little easier after last night's win and fans with a smile on their faces.

Why the smiles? Not just from the impressive win.

Following the game the Yanks had a closed door meeting to "iron" somethings out. Joe Girardi got testy with the media when asked about the meeting. Dissension on the opposing side is always a good thing.

A new Quinnipac University poll says for the first time in five years Connecticut is a red state. No politics here. According to the poll, 41% of state residents are Sox fans as opposed to 40% Yankee fans and 9% Met fans. The tide is turning.

Best of all, NY newspapers are reporting a love quadrangle. Seems ARod has been getting cozy with another fake blonde. The ageless Madonna. The big shocker is that the Mrs. Cynthia Rodriguez has been returning the favor by hooking up with musician Lenny Kravitz. The question is who made out better? ARod or Cynthia? Let's see Madonna versus Lenny Kravitz.
Madonna has tons of money and fame. But didn't she date Jose Canseco back when both of them were really popular? Since then he has come out and admitted to using needles to increase his performance. While Madonna married a needle of an Englishman and continues to be a lackluster performer.

Lenny Kravitz has has less fame and money. But he did have a cool mother in Roxi Roker (Helen Willis from The Jeffersons) and Ricky Williams gave up playing for the Dolphins just to follow him on tour.
I'll let you decide but a man crush from Ricky Williams is pretty powerful. Plus if she becomes the former Mrs. Rodriguez, the alimony from $240 million won't be too bad. Looks like ARod is a loser again.







Add Image




2 comments:

Hapi for Papi said...

Is this TMZ.com or a Red Sox blog? Seriously though do you think Canseco is chuckling to himself 'dude sloppy seconds'!
To quote a former blog

Personal Letter to Jon Lester

Dear Mr. Lester,

It is with sincere pleasure that I write to you this morning. I have not been the biggest fan of yours over the last four months. It was my hope that the Red Sox organization would come to their senses and trade you and Jacoby Ellsbury for Johan Santana.

While many baseball evaluators see you as a "top of the rotation" starter of the future, I never felt that way. Please don't get me wrong, I rooted for you vehemently your rookie season and even more as you recovered from your battle with cancer. However, a chance to get the best lefthander pitcher in baseball for two young, unproven players was too tempting for me not to wish for. Josh Beckett and Santana (signing him to a long term deal is not my concern because it is not my money) back to back would quite simply not be fair. The organization has finally learned winning championships is all about pitching and defense.

Hop aboard there is room for ya!

Phil Orbe said...

I was wrong about Lester's ability. Okay, I said it. I'm going to be partially stubborn and say I would still trade Crisp (not Ellsbury) and Lester for Santana.

Hapi ... I thought you would get a kick out of the Arod / Mrs. Arod pic?