Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hazel, Papi both sidelined

[Laughing] "You, you knew Marcus Aurelius?" -- Maximus
"I didn't say I knew him. I said he touched me on the shoulder once." -- Proximo

Sorry to see that Hazel Mae is leaving NESN. First Tina Cervasio and now Hazel. Hazel Mae grazed my knee as she scooted by me at the Mohegan Sun during a baseball convention two years ago ("I didn't say I knew her"). She is tiny. No taller than 5'2". I thought she brought a great deal of energy to the NESN updates, Red Sox Report and even during the Bruin's show entitled "The Buzz". Would love to know the real reason why she is going. Greener pastures? Conflict? Going back to Canada?

The other big Sox news is that Papi is on the DL. The Sox have called up Chris Carter. I have heard good things about him. He can hit. I've also heard is pretty bad defensively.

This Sean Casey signing looks real good right now. Lowell gets hurt, Papi goes down both injuries are insured by "The Mayor".

This series with the Rays will be interesting. Especially after a road trip that started and ended so badly. Did anyone else notice that Oki just didn't have it last night?

1 comment:

Hapi for Papi said...

"That chick was digging me!" -- Hapi for Papi. Speaking of "famous" people, once met Lesley Visser, t.v. does not due her justice, Dick Stockton definitely married up. While we are reminiscing on everything Boston, reminds me of a time I went to see Pearl Jam at the old Boston Garden, the band came out, the house lights went down & then.....